Thursday, November 17, 2011

This week has a lot going on!  And next week i have test #3 and my Wine Test! Then two weeks is midterm!





Monday was more chocolate. These are my Garnishes. Yeah im not very good at small detail :(
Just need to practice being steady!


This is Ganache, which was my center of the truffle.

I tabled it on the marble (not very much but still made a huge difference)
i set a little portion to the side so that i could see the difference.














So With the Ganache and our tempered chocolate we made truffles!
As you see they all had little trails behind them, as when you roll it when you are depositing them it will take the little bit of extra chocolate off and then you dont have feet :)

Tuesday i got to help the Gingerbread Team again :)
So here a few pictures!























Then class was Petit Fours, And Dobos Slice



So these are them before i poured fondant over it. My partner and i made them almost perfect with the fondant but i completely forgot to take a picture!

p.s. Before the fondant these take like the jam jam cookies Aunt Clara makes!  Makes me excited for christmas time!!




 Then Dobos Slice,
This was a learning experience. lol.
The top layer of cake is covered in caramel so you have to cut it before it hardens (or else it will just crack!) and you have to oil your knife or else it will stick. And well i was oiling the knife over the cake.. so the top is kind of oily.. and not smooth cuz the oil droplets..  But we finished!


So Wednesday and Thursday is our cake decorating days!  I have drawn out like almost 10 different cakes! But The last one was design elements from the previous ones all combined into one. 

So my final drawing was a basket weaving the bottom tier, making the top tier into a wine bottle, having a checkered picnic blanket drawing off the side and then filling in the basket with roses around the wine bottle.













Day 1 threw me a few snags that i didnt think about. So my final cake is the same idea but just situated differently.

First snag was the wine bottle. A wine bottle does not have a 6 inch diameter base, also i only have two days so my fondant wouldnt have enough time to set.

Second snag was the blanket.. oh the things you learn..

So here was my process after Day 1. And then today hopefully finishing it till im pleased with it!



















Well that has been my week so far!
Might be a little delayed on posting these next few weeks as school is hitting crunch time! Two tests, midterm and practical midterm!
<3 Amz

No comments:

Post a Comment