Saturday, October 8, 2011

Thanksgiving!!

Hey Everyone! Sorry i havent posted anything this whole week! we had a test on thursday so i was busy rereading my text and going through notes to make sure i understand everything. And it did pay off as i tied one other girl for the highest mark in the class!! :D

But without further ado i will tell and show you what i have been doing this past week!

Monday we did Croissants and Danishes again. And well This time my Croissants turned out more like brioche :(
But i definately more pleased with how my danishes turned out this time. This lamintating process is still not something im comfortable with but im determinded to nail it!

Tuesday we did brioche, Hot Cross Buns and Kugelhopf!
With the brioche dough i made bee-stings, Sticky Buns, and just buns.
I filled my Bee-Stings with pastry cream,and they had struesel on top,  they were soo good!

the Sticky buns were really sticky! lol
And the last thing i did with my brioche dough was just to practice my bun rolls.
    I like the awareness ribbon that i did, can you see it? lol

Like i mentioned earlier we also did hot cross buns. and this were interesting, as i have always wondered how they got the lines across but didnt not enough to google or learn on my own but now i know!

Last thing we made that day was the Kugelhopf!  but i forgot to take a picture so it kinda got squished on my way home.. oops. lol.

Wednesday! We did Stollen, Scones, prep work for thursday, and just a general review as the test was the next day.

Stollen was fun to make. You have to wrap baby jesus in a blanket and then make mick jagger lips|!  Yes that is how i know how to do it. No it was not actually baby jesus. No it was not a real blanket. It was Almond paste in dough but still kinda the same concept and the history of it makes it legit. lol.

Scones, are my not my favorite thing haha. First ones i did i made too thin, tasted fine but not something i could sell. and then second time i made them too big. I need to learn middle ground, im too extreme! lol

But i made Chocolate Walnut ones and then Cheese ones.



Sorry for the yellowy pictures, it is really bad lightening at my house and i forgot to take pics at the school!










Thursday was the big day! Wrote the test, thought it went alright and then talking to people afterwards i thought i totally bombed it! i get super nervous writing them and then second guess myself and usually change my answers, so i couldnt remember how i answered a few of them and that is what scared me but i did well :)
Then we made Bobka, Banana Bread, Muffins And Corn Bread.

Bobka, was kinda fun to make, it kind of looks like a cinnamon bun but then put into muffin tins and struesel on top.

Banana Bread, I have never made but i do enjoy to eat! Well i kinda messed mine up. I didnt mix it quite enough so it had little flecks of flour in it, but still tasty!

Muffins! Welcome to cunningham muffins! haha ( if you have no idea what that is from i suggest you youtube muffins, such a weird but awesome video)
I Made Blueberry muffins, and an applesauce muffin.

These are the applesauce muffins, They are alright but the tops are a little drunk looking to say the least. lol. 


:( i forgot to take a picture of my blueberry muffins but Chef said they were wonderful! And they were Delicious!

Corn Bread.. Well mine was not fully cooked :( so i had to throw it out cuz eating it would make you sick, but I did take a picture of it!

Friday!! This day was so fun! I got the song Barbra Striesand stuck in everybody`s head and then Later on someone made a joke that me and this other girl from saskatoon was going to go smoke up in the back alley and I said no secretly we were snorting crack and then they were like but your not from Regina...  muahahha we have taught them well.
But we seriously did work out butts off this day! We did Chocolate Chip Cookies, Peanut Butter Chocolate Chunk Cookies, Oatmeal Raison Cookies, A potato Bread Loaf, And another Practice of Croissants!
My Partner has never made cookies before, He just did the culinary Program. But i have a lot of practice making cookies so i helped him out and he did 2 out of the 3 and they turned out awesome!
Since i helped him out we just did ours together so this is his and mine.









































Next was the Potatoe Loaf, And we tried out stenciling for the first time. I love it!

And Croissants. Like i said earlier I have not mastered the Laminating process. First time turned out amazing! Second Time i made it into Brioche. Third time is a charm? Nope! I scaled!! That means that the butter in between my dough broke up into chunks instead of rolling out nice and thin...  But i caught it early enough that i think i fixed it. But still not my best friend lol

And i made a bunch of tiny ones instead of the size the school sells as then i had more practice rolling them up :)

Well that was my week! Hope Everyone else had an awesome week! It's Thanksgiving weekend! You know what that means! Lots of turkey!! So excited!


<3 Amz

No comments:

Post a Comment